Code displayed "err PL" or "err Pd". The heat pump no longer works.
Origin of the problem :
This problem corresponds to a malfunction of the flow detector.
3 causes are possible :
1 - You do not have enough water in the heat pump water circuit (the heat exchanger)
Check the proper flow of water within the heat pump.
To do this:
- Check that the pool filtration or circulation pump is working properly. Reprime it if necessary (for this, consult the manual of the supplier of your filtration/circulation pump). If it doesn’t work, the problem doesn’t come from your POOLEX heat pump.
- Check that the water inlet and outlet pipes are connected correctly (in the right direction)
2 - Water flow sensor is faulty
The water flow sensor prevents the heat pump from overheating. The sensor is a blade located at the exchanger outlet.
* Ensure the correct blade direction
Then you can test the sensor manually.
To do this:
* Stop filtration, leaving heat pump on
* Unscrew the sensor
* Press in the direction of the arrow on the sensor until the heat pump starts
If it starts, the problem is your water circulation (cause #1 – above)
If it does not start, go to #3
3 - Water flow sensor is disconnected
* Unplug the heat pump electrically
* Open the Heat Pump Top Cover
* Open the electrical box cover to access the electronic board
* Check that the terminals of the "fluxostat" or "water flow switch" are connected (diagram). The position of the sensor is indicated on the electrical diagram of your instruction manual.
- If the terminals are not properly connected, reconnect them correctly
- if the terminals are well connected, the sensor is probably faulty and needs to be changed.
In case your product is out of warranty (more than 2 years or more than 3 years for Jetline Premium only), you can order the spare parts on our website.
If your product is still in warranty (less than 2 years or less than 3 years for Jetline Premium only), fill out the form, attaching your purchase invoice and a picture of the problem as an attachment.